Saturday, March 24, 2012

Morning light in Vienna

Day 36.

Today I woke up to this beautiful view out of our hotel in Vienna. The light streaming through the clouds, over the view of the city, made for a much better start to the day! Abby and I spent the day walking around Vienna, seeing the sights. Abby showed me the authentic porcelain shops, the places to get leiderhosen, and all of the authentic places in Vienna. Vienna is a beautiful city, gorgeous ornate architecture, white buildings and clean streets and I would love to spend more time there. We had lunch in a lovely tearoom, where I had quiche and some of the best cheesecake I have ever had, and it was so nice to spend time with my cousin. We also went to an international gourmet food shop and it was so fun seeing everything that had been shipped around the world, and ended up in Vienna. They even had maple syrup from Maine, which was a surprise, but something that I was very excited to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment