Friday, March 23, 2012

Lago Maggiore

Day 33.

Today we said goodbye to Locarno, and the crazy weekend that we had while there. This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip, and kind of puts the whole experience of being there into a photo. The lake, the harbor, the Alps that we went to the top in the distance, the blue that we were surrounded by the entire weekend, it really was such an amazing weekend. For my first travel weekend I think we did a pretty great job. Something that I have also learned from this trip is to fly by the seat of my pants. The friends I was with did not want to plan anything. They didn't want to buy train tickets, didn't want to look up times, exactly how to get there, or look into things to do while there. All we did was book a hostel.(Which I insisted on) For any of you who know me...that isn't normally how I roll. I don't really like surprises, I like to be in control of plans, and I don't really like to just see what happens. This weekend I put faith in the two friends I was traveling with, and I am so glad I did. Everything worked out perfectly, and I have them to thank for that. This doesn't mean that I will stop planning things, and all of the other trips I am going on, but I can now appreciate the spontaneity of a trip like that, and will look back on this weekend as one of the most epic trips ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment