Friday, February 10, 2012

Snowmen Overlooking Vatican

Day 22.

Today I ventured out of our warm apartment to walk around and see how the city was faring after this "blizzard" they had just had. I walked and walked and saw snowball fights, streets empty with people running through them.  It also looked like there were many newly purchased snow jackets and the Romans snow boot of choice, the Moonboot. Pretty ugly, but they seemed to be doing the trick. I walked and ended up at my favorite bridge overlooking the river with a beautiful view of the Vatican. There were snow "people" everywhere I looked, it seemed that even adults were making them, or throwing snowballs at each other. Everyone was out, it was a beautiful sunny day, even though it was freezing and none of the busses were running the whole city seemed to be in good spirits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment