Sunday, February 5, 2012

Panino at Gio.

Day 20.

Today we headed to the Catacombs, which are a portion of the thousands of tombs underground in Rome. Not one of my favorite trips to sites that I have been on here, it was pouring rain and really chilly and being underground in a underground tombs made for a really creepy atmosphere. After the trip we headed back to one of my favorite places to eat and grab some hot tea. Gio, a restaurant, and cafe is right around the corner from our scuola and I tried one of their paninos for lunch. Smoked salmon, brie and arugula on delicious bread. One of the BEST paninos I have had here, it was absolutely delectable and definitely what I needed to warm up and get over the odd experience we had just had. And only 3 euro! A steal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment