Friday, February 10, 2012

Snow in Rome

Day 21.

Today marks the first heavy snowfall in Rome since 1985, and let me tell you, it was pretty incredible being here when it happened. Being from northern New England and going to school in the middle of nowhere in upstate New York I am used to snow. I love snow, and was pretty disappointed that I didn't really get any at home. Well, not to fear, I have gotten my fair share of it here. We only got around 4 inches here, but it felt like a blizzard because instead of the snow being immediately whisked away by plows, and dedicated dads with snowblowers, the snow just sat there. It was like the city shut down, busses weren't running, taxis were packed and people were roaming the streets. It was amazing to see that the only solution the city had was to put the street sweepers out to try to sweep away the snow. My roommate and I saw the street sweepers trying to clear the snow, and we both burst out laughing. Needless to say, it didn't help, and the city has continued to be almost desolate until the snow decides to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment