Sunday, January 15, 2012

Scuola Leonardo da Vinci

Ciao! Greetings from Roma! 
Today marks my 5th day here in Italia and it has been such a whirlwind of emotions, sights, sounds, smells, everything one could possibly imagine. I have decided to start a blog, or something similar to that to keep family, friends, and everyone who prefers not to be on facebook in the loop with what I am doing. I hope that this gives even a small glimpse of what I am experiencing on my semester abroad, and while doing that, some pictures to enjoy. I found out on our 1st day of the trip that we are here for exactly 100 days, and I wanted to capture a photo every day to remember each part of my journey, and share it with you all.


My first entry is of my first full day in Rome. It is a picture of the school I will be attending while here in Rome, Scuola Leonardo da Vinci. I will be taking all of my Italian classes in this beautiful building, which as you can see is surrounded by Rome's beautiful architecture. The school is about 2 miles from our apartment, so getting there the first day was a little different than I had expected, and took a lot longer than it does to get to class at HWS. We were able to stop before our first day Orientation at the school though and order cappuchinos and croissants before, delicious! After our Orientation we were able to go get a lovely Italian lunch at a cafe nearby and then we were sent off in a scavenger hunt around Rome to get acquainted with the city. We then ended our long day with our walk back home, and quickly collapsed into our beds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment